Translate

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Lawn Mowing

 

 
Revenge comes in strange ways.
 
We came home from a lovely Sunday afternoon cruise at the Andover RC Boat Club. I noticed my neighbor, Mr. MB fertilizing his lawn. Of course I had to run over there to harrass and mock him for fertilizing grass only to mow it again later. We had a good laugh and i left to enjoy the rest of my Sunday evening deck side with an ice cold refreshment.
 
That's when she said, "it's going to storm tonight and tomorrow".
 
I replied, "so?"
 
Her retort, "lawn needs mowing".
 
Dammit!....Dammit!!!
 
I pleaded my case. It's been 5 years of not mowing on the weekends, it's not fair to ruin my standard. But no; other neighbors set a precedence. She even said, “Mr. MB is out fertilizing.”
 
Dammit!
 
No amount of pleading or throwing a tantrum would sway her. I cried. I whined, I even held my breath and stomped my feet. I muttered something about unionizing.
I pleaded a man's house is his castle. 
 
She looked at me with that telling glean in her eye that recognized momentary humor. I froze. Terror ensued, my life flashed before my eyes. I just realized I may have overplayed my hand in this stake and that every man's castle resides in the empire of the empress. We have no vote in matters. Any matters.
 
The Authority Having Jurisdiction ( AHJ) spoke calmly but sternly, "the lawn needs mowing".
 
So I mowed. 
 
From across the street, Mr. MB pointed and laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment